Friday, December 21, 2012

My Home For Christmas


We finally got some snow in my part of the woods and it has put me in the Christmas spirit!  Thought I would dash out in the middle of a storm to take photos of the house lit up for Christmas!

I had said in an earlier post that I would share photos of how I decorate the house for the holidays.  So today's post is mostly photos.  Enjoy!



The Foyer - This was once the Receiving Room where ladies would sit to have tea and chat.

View from front entrance
View from the stairs
Fireplace
Our main Christmas tree
Our tree is covered with photos of family and friends
Dollar Store frames with ribbon attached to the back (this is me in the photo)
Our Nativity Set



The Living Room

Looking in from the foyer

From another angle
An ornament from Mr. P's grandmother that came over from Holland
Another ornament that came from Holland.  It actually makes a noise when blown into.




The Dining Room

I kept the dining room table simple

A simple swag and wreath in the window of the dining room
My Office - I have a fireplace in my office with shelving on either side.  It is decorated with our Victorian Village.

Jax loves the fireplace!
This is the down town portion of the village.




The residential area




The park




In my opinion there's nothing prettier than an old Victorian home decorated for Christmas.

I'll be taking some time off to spend with my family but I will be back in the new year with some exciting organizing ideas and maybe even a new recipe or two to share.  In the mean time let me wish you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

1 comment: