Monday, April 30, 2012

Day 30 - Spring 30 Day Clutter Buster Challenge



We did it!  We made it to day 30 of the 30 Day Clutter Buster Challenge!  You should all be so proud of yourselves!  Even if you didn't get rid of 30 things you should still be proud of what you did get done.  Every little item that leaves our homes brings us closer to our goal of having an organized and, more importantly, peaceful home.



I recently read this definition of organizing - "It’s about creating a productive lifestyle that results in clarity and order, which leads to feelings of calmness and peacefulness." - Alejandra Costello.  Isn't that what we all want, to feel calm and peaceful in our own homes?  There are enough outside pressures on us that our homes should be our sanctuary against the world.

I am now going to show you the last thing that I have decluttered for the month of April.



This is an old, purple sweater that I did not even wear once this past winter along with a sweatshirt that I also did not wear.  It doesn't show very well in the picture but the sweater is starting to pill and I really don't like how this particular sweatshirt looks on me.  So into the donation box they go!

That's it for April!  I have decided to continue this with a Yahoo group that I belong to.  A friend has decided to do a "Fling One Thing a Day in the Month of May".  I love that title!  So please don't stop flinging simply because the challenge is now over.  Keep up your momentum and keep flinging!

I want to add that I am so proud of all of you!  When I started this little blog not too long ago I had no idea that anyone would want to read it.  I am absolutely amazed at how many people have not only read it but also commented!  Not everyone commented here on the blog, some commented on Facebook and others on my Yahoo group.  It is astounding how many things were either donated or tossed from your homes!  You all made it so much easier to make the time to sit down each day and write my blog posts, so thank you!  Later this week I will be going back to some before and after photos of some of the areas that I have organized in my home.

I have one more challenge for you today.  I want you to reward yourself for a job well done.  Sit down and read a book or a magazine, give yourself a manicure, take a bubble bath, order in pizza for the family so you don't have to cook tonight, something that makes you feel special.  You've worked hard this month and you deserve a treat!  Mr. P. and I are going out for dinner tonight as my reward for a job well done.

What have you decluttered today and how are you going to reward yourself?

1 comment:

  1. Today was the pets toys. Like the kids the toys can pile up and become unsightly, some even dangerous items I noticed. So I went through and any that had holes in them with stuffing coming out, half chewed and broken toys were tossed. With the exception of that one favorite bear, and I sat down and renewed him, restuffed him, and the beloved bear is back in the doggie bed once more being used as a pillow even as I type. The living room looks so much better now, with no items to trip over. The toys are in their basket and I know they are safe to play with once more, no danger to my fur babies.

    ReplyDelete